Pt with Pathogenic Bacteria PI-IBS

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Digestive Problems Pt with Pathogenic Bacteria PI-IBS

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Client DL Female age 32

hx: 2002 trip to guatamala

sx: 2005 bloating, gas, cramping, nausea, feels extremely full when little is eaten. Low body weight/ beginning to lose hair

tests:
      food sensitivity – Oxford Labs MRT test – have removed gluten, dairy, and all inflammatory foods

stool – parasitology center, az – no parasites- + 3 for Enterobacter sp +3 Escherichia coli

SIBO – have not run –

Nutritional Status – Spectracell – deficiencies B2, B12, Pantothenate, Inositol, Chromium

Plan:
      Remove inflammatory foods + gluten/dairy
      Replete deficient nutrients
      run SIBO or just treat?
      protocol to kill path bacteria?
      other?

I am assuming either the + 3 for Enterobacter sp or the +3 Escherichia coli are the problem. Which one? or both? Here’s where I get beyond my scope – what protocols to use, how manage mulitple pathogens, need for biofilm busters?, etc.

I am looking at Freedom, Cleanse, Restore protocol from Parasitology Center in AZ.

Additional Questions:
      which bacteria is the problem? are they the problem?
      how to treat ? I am thinking Biofilm Buster and FCR herbal protocol from Parasitology Center. I don’t have much experience here –
      the SIBO test is unreliable ? would you ever just treat?
      post infectious IBS – I am finding many clients with IBS secondary to travelers diarrhea. I am reading that can get to be autoimmune gut? How do you help these people? motility agents + anti pathogen protocol?

What are your go to tests you would always run?
      How would you manage this pt?
      thanks for your review and input.
      Lorraine

Lorraine,
      Will be interested in Dr. Woeller’s response, but this does remind me of a client of mine who vacationed with her husband in the African bush country. Went from being a 100 lb. healthy RD to quite ill & about 250 lbs. Many of her symptoms related to ear problems though and she kept seeking out the best ear surgeons in the country. (Can’t believe now that I missed that.) MRT/LEAP helped with other issues, Parasitology Center found some small things but nothing behind her major issues. Long story short – turned out to be Lyme disease. I think it is missed a lot and it is recommended to find an ILAD physician, from what I understand.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,
        The feeling full when hardly eaten is suspicious of SIBO. Also, the low body weight and losing hair could point to malabsorption. There are multiple possibilities here.

I would suggest doing an Organic Acids Test from Great Plains and GI Pathogen Screen #401-H from BioHealth Laboratory. I would absolutely want to rule out C. Difficile, as well as Helicobacter pylori. I would be surprised if there wasn’t an invasive candida situation going on with this individual.

If those tests are clear I would try the patient on the Comprehensive Cleansing Program from BioBotanical Research – http://www.biobotanicalresearch.com. This cleansing program is useful for people with SIBO and generalized bowel toxicity. If you look on their homepage under Products you will see a link to this program. There is a dosing chart that can be downloaded as well.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

P.S. Lyme disease is always a possibility and this can be tested for through IgeneX – http://www.Igenex.com

The Parasitology test already ruled out h pylori and c diff. What about the enterobacter? Isn’t that pathogenic and needs treatment – ? Please explain if and how you would treat this.
          Why would I need to run another stool test?
          I do think the OAT test would be helpful, and a SIBO test.
          But, Do I absolutely need to do more testing? – what if there weren’t tests – and I think she has SIBO, has enterobacter, ? candida. Cant I treat with something that would cover all the bases (please specify what that might be) – and follow up with a cleanse if needed?

Thanks
          Lorraine

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Lorraine,
          Enterobacter is a commensalism bacteria. In some people it can contribute to metabolic syndrome, but it is not necessarily a pathogen that needs automatic antibiotic treatment. I still feel you best bet is the Comprehensive Cleansing Program as it contains Biocidin which is very good for bacteria and candida.

Sincerely,
          Dr Woeller

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Commensal, not commensalism.

Thank You. I will try it with this client. Do I have to add a biofilm agent like Interfase Plus, or is that covered in the formulations? Also, I had read that Candida becomes resistant very quickly to whatever anti fungal agent you are using and you should alternate every 3-4 weeks. How does the Biocidin cleanse address this concern.?

Will the comprehensive cleanse also address vaginal candida? or, would I have to address that separately.

Lorraine

Thank You. I will try it with this client. Do I have to add a biofilm agent like Interfase Plus, or is that covered in the formulations? Also, I had read that Candida becomes resistant very quickly to whatever anti fungal agent you are using and you should alternate every 3-4 weeks. How does the Biocidin cleanse address this concern.?

Will the comprehensive cleanse also address vaginal candida? or, would I have to address that separately.

Lorraine

Lorraine

Lorraine

Lorraine

DrWoeller
            Keymaster

Lorraine,
              Actually, Biocidin has the ability to breakdown biofilm so added supplementation usually isn’t needed. Also, because Biocidin is a combination of different remedies resistance is less of a factor.

Vaginal yeast you will likely need to address separately.

Sincerely,
              Dr. Woeller

Viewing 10 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.