OAT test review

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Lab Testing OAT test review

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      attached is OAT test for this client as you suggested.
      fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, bloating, gas, stomach pain/cramps – as all described in the forum post
      he is a mystery – have referred him to 2 integrative practitioners who could not help….he is back to me.
      I meet with him tomorrow. My thinking is the Biocidin Cleanse? and some of the supplements you recommended. but the OAT doesnt show yeast or clostridia? perhaps all anxiety impact on ENS? shutting down digestion?

Lorraine

Lorraine,
      The H. pylori looks negative on this test, and they are using the antigen so it should be fine.

SIBO doesn’t appear to be an issue.

Addressing the minerals on the essential elements is a good idea.

An OAT would be nice to look for yeast markers and clostridia. I would still recommending doing this.

The Secretory IgA is likely high from previous food reactions and/or chronic yeast. The EPx is high which indicates allergic reactivity in the gut. This can come about from yeast too.

Normal flora looks a bit depleted which can drive the Butyrate levels lower. Low butyrate can also create imbalance in the gut with regards to mucosal immunity. I will be going over mucosal barrier and secretory IgA tomorrow in the Q&A session.

The fecal fats also indicate poor fat digestion which can linked back to the previous H. pylori, as well as current mucosal allergy and possible pancreatic insufficiency.

Question:

1 – what are her main ongoing GI symptoms?
      2 – have you tried to incorporate any cultured vegetables with her?

Supplements:

-Since the H. pylori appears to be gone I would suggest some Support Digestion from BioMatrix – biomatrixone.com. – 1 to 2 capsules 10 to 15 minutes before meals.
      -Also, their Support Mucosa product is excellent too – 3 capsules twice daily 15 minutes before meals.
      -I think there is a yeast problem so addressing this too is not a bad idea, i.e. Grapefruit Seed Extract, Biocidin.

We are not going through this test specifically, but talking about it through the forum or questions that come up via the Q&A are certainly appropriate.

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Hi
      another OAT test for your insights.
      Thanks
      Lorraine

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,
        I am looking at an OAT with the accession number #427871. I hope this assessment answers your questions – Dr. Woeller:

1 – mild Arabinose value (candida)
        2 – all other clostridia and yeast markers normal
        3 – oxalate values normal
        4 – no mitochondrial imbalances seen
        5 – VERY low HVA and VMA linked to dopamine and norepinephrine production, respectively. Also, the 5-HIAA is low too linked to serotonin.

Discussion: this could be a situation of poor protein absorption, consumption or both. H. pylori could lead to protein digestion, SIBO could as well. Low intake may cause it too. There is always the possibility of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase deficiency (MTHFR A1298C) that compromised folate metabolism along with a tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) deficiency which compromises various converting enzymes that support dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin production. I doubt this is occurring because the phenyllactic and phenylpyruvic are both normal on the OAT (which are both linked to phenylalanine metabolism problems).

6 – #42 and #42 can both be high with malnutrition and maldigestion.
        7 – Ascorbic acid is likely from supplements or foods – which is fine, its not a problem.
        8 – High B5 may be from supplements too
        9 – NAC (N-acetyl-cysteine) is low normal. This can contribute to lack of oxidation protection.
        10 – 2-hydroxybutyric – seeing this more and more with environmental chemical exposure. This might be the case with this patient? The level is not significantly high though.
        11 – amino acid metabolites and phosphoric acid appear fine

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

would you treat mild candida? I think yes in this case because of symptoms –
        I had suspected mold/fungus due to environmental work exposure (past) but OAT doesnt show that only mild candida so I can assume ruled out?
        she had a NT test done which shows low serotonin, low dopamine, low epinephrine, low glutamate, I am attaching that test as not sure how to coordinate them.
        Plan – Biocidin Cleanse, support neurotransmitters by supporting gut and review nutrient cofactors, optimize protein intake (+add digestive enzymes and BHCL), ? add carnation, liposomal glutathione.
        not sure about the rest.
        thanks

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Lorraine,
          It’s always possible to have some airborne mold affecting the lungs and sinuses, and not be growing in the gut, but I think that would be rare. Mold is likely not an issue here. Treating mild candida I feel is worthwhile, and if this individual is showing symptoms than most definitely.

Biocidin is an excellent way to go in this case.

1 – high testosterone? Is she being exposed to testosterone creams? Her DHEA is high too which could explain the high testosterone. Is she taking that as a supplement?
          2 – Do a vitamin D test. High serotonin could be related to vitamin D deficiency as Vitamin D controls the gene regulating Tryptophan Hydroxylase 1 most active in
          the gut. Low vitamin D can lead to high gut produced serotonin leading to inflammation, but low production of serotonin in the brain.

I think the addition of digestive enzymes and protein (amino acids) is a good idea. Because of elevated fatty acid metabolites L-carnitine at 1000mg daily is wortwhile. Glutathione would be okay too.

I would also consider adding some amino acids. New Beginnings has Amino Replete which works well to help support the neuro pathways.

I hope this helps.
          Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.