OAT Review 469401

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Lab Testing OAT Review 469401

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Dr Woeller,

OAT back-see some interesting/surprising things. (can’t figure out how to attach 🙁 )

As you may recall from previous posts:
      1. fighting candida for I think 30+ yrs.
      2. Pau D’Arco = better than caprylic acid for me in controlling it but still have flair ups & showing up on blood microscopy (invasive).
      3. doing leaky gut protocol for some time now
      4. switch to ketogenic nutrient dense diet to starve out candida (so I thought)
      5. from you, added grapefruit seed extract, vit C, & biotin 2 wks prior to OAT
      6. 401-H = H pyloric & E coli 4+

OAT:
      Still have all the markers you ID’ed for candida:
      1. arabinose hi – 42
      2. Oxalic hi – 115 but normal glyceric/glycolic & low normal lactic
      3. succinic hi – 8.2 & fumeric hi – .87 , citric hi – 470 but aconic low – 10
      4. keytones/FA #42/43 hi (73/152)

But….
      1. #31 hydroxyglutaric low – .62 (just added carnatine this week)
      2. #33 HVA hi – 5.8 w/VMA low – 1.3 = ratio hi
      3. keytones/FA #47/48/49 all very hi (5.2/5.9/.73) – expected 48 – intermittent
      fasting/keto diet mentioned in class as cause
      4. #56 NAC low – .03
      5. AA’s – mandelic/phenyllactic/4-hydroxyphenyllactic = hi

My worry for some of these ‘buts’ is my dad & brother both w/candida, leaky gut & Parkinson’s.

Gratitude,

Jacquie Walburn

PS. Now: Day 3 of biocidin, constipation subsiding – even a little diarrhea today

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Jacqueline,
        Sorry, I missed this post from earlier – Dr. Woeller

1 – Oxalic is most likely diet related.
        2 – Arabinose – high, but just mildly
        3 – Run a GPL-TOX Panel – high succinic. The Fumeric being high can be from Candida though.
        4 – Ketone/FA – likely from Ketogenic diet
        5 – High HVA – could be caused by asparatame consumption, vitamin C deficiency, copper deficiency or polymorphism (SNP) with the Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase (DBH) enzyme. This will be available to test in January through Great Plains laboratory with the SNP1000 profile. No evidence of clostridia so likely a gene enzyme problem.
        6 – high phenyllactic acid, etc. – likely coming from SNP’s in the converting enzymes for phenylalanine and tyrosine. Could link back to an MTHFR A1298C SNP (polymorphism).

Parkinson’s is being shown quite strongly to be linked to gut problems and toxins infiltrating the nervous system through the blood brain barrier, as well as direct transportation through the Vagus Nerve.

What again is the clinical presentation of this person?

Dr. Woeller

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Oxalates hi due to diet? you mean I’m eating too much spinach?
        2. What would succinic be linked to?
        3. Vit C is hi – 1093, no aspartame (toxic)

Since my test is opposite of Parkinson’s, is that a precursor to on-set going from too much to too little?

Parkinson’s client is my brother w/Type A rigid.
        1 1/2 yrs into degradation.
        Started on carpadopa/L-dopa meds several months ago.
        Through AIP diet/supplements, I have been able to reverse about 75% of symptoms & reduce meds almost completely. Symptoms remaining: loss of smell & diminished taste, locked left hand, speech a little off, gait off but improved, brain fog cleared.

He is looking for someone who does amino acid therapy. I did just today put him on tyrosine.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Jacqueline,

1 – or some other type of high oxalate food (s)
          2 – Succinic acid is strongly linked to mitochondria stress. It seems to have a high correlation to various chemical exposures.
          3 – In some cases (if copper is in excess) the ascorbic acid can convert to oxalate. Most commonly I do think this is a major concern.

Not sure I understand the next question. The thought is with Parkinson’s that the high Dopamine levels overtime (high HVA) may lead to damage in the substantia nigra are of the brain which eventually leads to the need for higher and higher levels of Dopamine to keep function normal.

Check out some of the material from Dr. Perlmutter on glutathione therapy and Parkinson’s Disease. There are You Tube videos with people who have done intravenous glutathione.

Dr. Woeller

Thank you.

My research on Parkinson’s lead me to believe that dopamine cells in that part of the brain were dying/being attacked (AI) lowering the dopamine levels so meds to increase. I put him on glutathione nebulizer therapy already.

So, based on your statement, since I have hi dopamine, I am prone to Parkinsons? Linked to genetic enzyme deficiency? I guess I got work to do.

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Jacqueline,
            This issue of too high Dopamine causing damage in the nervous system is a theory. What exactly is happening is hard to say. Its quite possible the immune system is attacking the brain cells, as well as too much Dopamine breakdown products causing oxidative stress.

I cannot say for sure if Dopamine is too high if you are absolutely prone to Parkison’s. I think there are other factors at play too.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.