no gi sx
      sent this via email but no response
      Thanks
      Lorraine

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,
        Here you go:

1 – mild/moderate high Arabinose (candida)
        2 – Tartaric high – indicates invasive candida along with high arabinose
        3 – Tricarbyllic Acid – a fungus toxin found in corn products
        4 – #2 and #4 – both indicate mold exposure from Aspergillus, most likely food based, but could be from environmental exposure too. My suspicion is 3 and 4 go together and mold is coming from food, probably corn?
        5 – mildly high 4-cresol. The priority of treatment off of page #1 of the OAT is treat the clostridia and mold. Biocidin is a good option as it has shown effectiveness against clostridia and mold. I feel also the use of allicin (aka. Allimax) is worthwhile too. With there being no GI symptoms needing to use medication such as Nystatin or Amphotericin B is not immediate.
        6 – Oxalate is high normal, but doesn’t appear to be a real problem
        7 – slightly high Succinic, most likely from candida and mold.
        8 – HVA is high normal most likely from the 4-cresol inhibition of Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase so the priority is deal with the clostridia
        9 – 5-HIAA is low normal which is quite common. This causes the Quinolinic Acid/5-HIAA ratio to appear high. However, the Quinolinic Acid (QA) is normal so there isn’t any toxic exposure to QA occurring. Serotonin metabolism is complex, but one thing that can be tried is 5-HTP supplementation at 100mg to 150mg nightly.
        10 – #42 is just slightly high. Again, most likely linked to the mold and candida.
        11 – common scenario of high glutaric is association with candida, low N-Acetyl-Cysteine (can add 500mg daily) and high pantothenic. This last one could be from supplementation which is fine. A high value through supplementation doesn’t indicate a problem. I also suspect adrenal stress too with this marker.
        12 – #59 being high indicates some pulling on glutathione reserve to combat oxidative stress. This is why NAC supplementation can be worthwhile and dealing with the underlying mold and yeast issues.
        13 – would recommend tracking Vitamin D levels with the low normal Phosphoric Acid. I am seeing this more and more that when Phosphoric Acid is low to low normal that there is a need for more vitamin D
        14 – amino acid metabolites look fine. The low values are clinically insignificant.

What do you have available regarding botanicals for yeast and mold?

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

not sure what you mean about the yeast and mold – using Biocidin Cleanse in rotation with nystatin/ and SF722/Syntol etc for yeast. I have no experience with mold. Thanks for your help.
        Lorraine

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Lorraine,
          I think that most people showing up with mold markers on the OAT it is coming from a food source. Unless someone can pinpoint an environmental exposure in their home or work place its likely moldy food.

The nice thing about botanicals is they have a broad-spectrum effect and commonly are able to reduce/eliminate mold spores in the gut just like they do against candida. Biocidin is one option so my recommendation is to implement a candida treat program and retest a Microbial Organic Acids Test again in a few months. You will commonly find that the mold markers disappear.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.