Intracellular levels of nutrients(Spectracell) vs urine(OAT)/blood

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Lab Testing Intracellular levels of nutrients(Spectracell) vs urine(OAT)/blood

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I use Spectracell Micronutrient Test in my practice to assess intra cellular levels of nutrients. How reliable are nutrient levels in urine or blood for that matter since it is what iis actually available to the mitochondria (intra cellular) that is the best indicator of nutrient sufficiency/deficiency? Will they correlate?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorriane,
        The nice thing about the Spectra Cell test is it is measuring nutrients inside a lymphocyte which come from bone marrow. This provides at least more potentially direct nutrient status versus serum measurement. Certainly blood and urine have some value as well as not all nutrients are at the same concentration within the cells of the body.

The Organic Acids Test does provide some direct and indirect measurement of nutrient markers, as well as indicators of poor mitochondrial function. How all of these correlate for every nutrient I don’t know for sure. However, I think putting the information together from a SpectraCell and Organic Acids Test certainly provides a unique viewpoint of cellular levels and function.

Sincerely,

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.