IBS-D and Hypothyroid diagnoses approx concurrent

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Lab Testing IBS-D and Hypothyroid diagnoses approx concurrent

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Patient reported IBS-D symptoms and was diagnosed hypothyroid concurrently approx year 2000. Patient uses armour for thyroid support. This blood panel shows thyroid in some detail and a number of other tests that are generally in reference range. With regard to history of IBS-D and candida, is there anything in these results that you think might be actionable or lead to a path of action?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Mark,
        The TSH is still too high and the T3 is low normal despite being on Armour Thyroid. She may not be getting enough. I believe this was the women from another post with regards to the OAT and candida?

There are a lot of moving parts in thyroid physiology. There is nothing on the OAT that specifically I saw might contribute to thyroid issues.

She may have some adrenal interference with thyroid function. Adrenal stress and the increase output of cortisol can block T4 to T3 conversion.

I would suggest performing a salivary adrenal profile on her. Also, have her doctor evaluate how much Armour she is taking. It look likes she could use more.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.