Bioray products

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Supplements Bioray products

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

have you heard of or use Bioray products. they contain a lot of the botanicals you have suggested. the kids line is also quite palatable. they have studied cytoflora and liver life and have shown decreased food sensitivity panels after 21 days of supplementation. the cytoflora is a interesting probiotic product as it is actually a lysate and not whole live bacteria.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rebecca,
        I have not used a lot of Bioray, although I am familiar with the company. I have used their Liver Life and NDF-Plus for detox support. They seem to be a reputable company.

Dr. Woeller

Hi Rebecca and Dr Woeller,

I was wondering whether the lysate form in Cytoflora would be indicated with SIBO as the live bacteria can aggravate the symptoms in some SIBO patients…

Actually, I have seen that aggravation in some patients with live probiotics (even fermented foods) and was wondering if it was because they could have SIBO? I even thought of a possible overlap between histamine intolerance and SIBO?

Nathalie

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Nathalie,
          This is one of the problems with probiotics in people with SIBO. The normal bacteria in the large bowel moving in the small bowel. I will look into the lysate form for Cytoflora when we do the SIBO module.

Dr. Woeller

Dr Woeller,

What are your thoughts on probiotic enemas for helping balance the bacteria with those with SIBO or those who are irritated with oral probiotics and prebiotic foods? Perlmutter mentions them in his book. Do you have a probiotic you would recommend for an enema? Should it only have bifido and not lactobacillius or acidophilus?

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

We will be getting more into this in Module #6, but what appears to be most important in SIBO is preventing prebiotic supplements, particularly things that contain Inulin, FOS (fructooligosaccharides), Arabinogalactan, mannose and galacto-oligosaccharides. Also, herbs that support mucosal barrier such as slippery elm, licorice, and marshmallow can all aggravate SIBO.

Probiotics are definitely controversial because primarily of the lactobacilli overloading the small bowel. However, some patients report good results with things like lactobacillus casei and plantarum.

An enema is an option. The main challenge would be retaining the fluid long enough to seed the lower bowel. For many an enema causes immediate evacuation of the lower bowel.

I don’t know of a ‘perfect’ probiotic in this situation. Trying to eliminate the variables can be challenging. The Ther-Biotic Detox probiotic is one option – http://www.nbnus.net/shopexd.asp?id=401. The biggest things is avoiding the offending substances as mentioned prior.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.