12 yr old boy with tics

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Supplements 12 yr old boy with tics

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Dr Woeller,

Please find the OAT results for this boy. The remarkable findings are:

1. High arabinose: do you think candida could be responsible for his tics or should I test him for streptococcus antibodies?
      2. Low 5 HIAA
      3. Low vit C

As you mentioned in Module 8, there is a possibility with tics that this boy might react to Streptococcus thermophilus: would you recommend a brand of probiotics which you have good results with in that particular case?

Would you supplement with 5-HTP? and what is your experience with 5-HTP with tics?

Another question not related to the gut: would it be worth trying inositol with tics? or rather stick to 5-HTP?

Thank you,

Nathalie

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

The tics are unlikely being triggered from candida. I would still treat the Candida, but would also do strep antibodies – ASO titer and Anti-DNAse B.

Also, the 5-HTP and/or Inositol may help the tics. I cannot say I have seen universal success though. In this case I would definite use 5-HTP first. This is a priority. The inositol could be used, but only after on 5-HTP for a few weeks.

Other probiotics – ProBiotic Support Formula from New Beginnings Nutritionals is good probiotic that doesn’t have the S. Thermophilus.

I hope this helps,
        Dr. Woeller

Thank you? I will update you on the clinical results.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Sounds good.

BTW – if you end up doing blood work on special needs individuals always check their Total Cholesterol levels. They are often low and can be helped with cholesterol supplementation.

Dr. Woeller

On another note, this boy is very reluctant to get treated… Some kind of defiance to get better…

Just sharing if it happens with others!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.