"supplement saturation" prevention

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Candida "supplement saturation" prevention

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Dr. Woeller,
      You mentioned tonight to be wary of “supplement saturation.” I agree wholeheartedly. I am wondering what you find in your practice to be the “upper tolerable limit” to supplements. Of course your young clients’ responses will vary from older ones. But overall, for the two groups, what have you found?

My younger clients willingly take more supplements (upwards of 5) when I can find them in pleasant-tasting chewable and liquid form, (but this often leads to the conundrum of introducing added sugars in the products which causes me concern). For most kids, supplement saturation when swallowing capsules/tablets is low…kids seem to max out at 3 products (if I am seeking 100% compliance). If any of these products can be broken open and added to applesauce/yogurt WITHOUT taste being impacted, then maybe I can get the kids to intake up to four supplements. What is your experience?

Adults, while the understand why they are on a protocol (and may or may not possess an innate desire to heal), tend to desire simple steps. Most do not want to take a myriad of supplements, even if the goal is to eradicate a complex organism like candida. What have you found to be a “typical” saturation limit in this age group?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Katey,
        Apologies for the delay in responding. My computer hasn’t been notifying me of messages.

For kids – usually 4 to 6 supplements at time is a max. However, my experience too is like yours in that 3 to 4 maybe. I do have some creative parents who can do more when things can be mixed in sauce or liquid, but the taste factor is always an issue.

For adults – anywhere between 5 to 8 at a time. I just tell them that they naturally swallow hundreds of times a day, even many times when they are not aware of it. Therefore, all we are asking is to add some supplements to that number.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Katey,
          Apologies for the delay in responding. My computer hasn’t been notifying me of messages.

For kids – usually 4 to 6 supplements at time is a max. However, my experience too is like yours in that 3 to 4 maybe. I do have some creative parents who can do more when things can be mixed in sauce or liquid, but the taste factor is always an issue.

For adults – anywhere between 5 to 8 at a time. I just tell them that they naturally swallow hundreds of times a day, even many times when they are not aware of it. Therefore, all we are asking is to add some supplements to that number.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.