SIBO

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi I have a client who is in week 3 of biocidin – some improvement – major sx has been + 15 # weight gain? (due to inflammation or lowered thyroid – she did come up deficient in iodine) ideas for that? I am getting body temperatures. But have increased sea vegetables / 300 mcg iodine in MVMM/ and avoiding chlorinated water. Additional ideas here?

back to the biocidin
      week 3 – with 1st week nystatin, week 2-3 biocidin with increasing dosages – some improvement in stools thats it – but still significant bloating after eating – I strongly suspect SIBO (no testing I couldn’t get a dr to order the SIBO lactulose).

do I wait until 2-3 months on pathogen cleanse/ or interject rifaximin now? or try again to get SIBO test so I know whether she needs neomycin as well?

thanks and help
      Lorraine

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,
        Iodine – check her antibodies to thyroid. Some people with autoimmune reactions to thyroid can be sensitive to iodine. What you are using seems appropriate.

If you can get testing that would be the best option. If not able to secure this test than Rifaxamin may move things along faster.

Any possibility of H. pylori?

If she on a SIBO diet?

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.