Lipopolysaccarides

Home Forums SIBO Mastery General Lipopolysaccarides

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

I have a patient that I ran Cyrex Array 2- Intestinal Antigenic Permeability Screen on back in 2014. It came back out of range for LPS IgG. I put him on a gut healing program as recommended by the consultant that I spoke with at Cyrex.

My patient didn’t see much improvement- his biggest issue is red spots on the right side of his face, red eye with runny discharge on the right, pain in his extremities and poor sleep due to pain. He pursued other options (conventional evaluation and treatment for lupus, MS, etc) since his last visit with me in 2013 with no improvement.

Recently he tried a liver detox program (CoreRestore) and his eye improved dramatically for a couple of days. Because of this I had him run a genetic panel to look at detoxification SNPs. The results that were returned were pretty unremarkable – some heterozygous SNPs here and there.

So my questions are:

1) How do LPS correlate to biofilms?
      2) This guy has literally tons of tests from his conventional practitioners… would OAT and BioHealth panels likely return any useful information? He really doesn’t have any GI cpmplaints.
      3) How does one deal with LSP?

Thank you,
      h

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

1 – organisms that produce LPS can be embedded in biofilm. Therefore a Biofilm program can be helpful.

2- I would absolutely look at the OAT and the #401-H. It is important to rule out other sources of infection.

3 – To deal with LPS you are trying to find the source as best as possible. Also, antioxidants like Curcumin, flavonoids, vitamin C and E. A good product from New Beginnings is the Curcumin-Quercetin Complex. Also, Reseveratrol would be worthwile too.

Another thing to always consider is dental issues too as a source of chronic infection.

Dr. Woeller

Hello Dr Woeller,

I had this patient run the OATs and 401-H panels.

Can you give me any feedback on clinical steps regarding the Pseudomonas aeruginosa? Are there any additional steps beyond those which are outlined in the interpretive guide that I should be addressing?

Thank you for your feedback,

Holly

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Holly,
          What are this individuals issues if you can say.

He also had H. pylori!

Depending on the severity of his issues I would consider doing a combination botanical approach for the H. pylori and Pseudomonas.

Dr. Woeller

This is the fellow I posted about in the first thread: eye discharge, red pots on one side of his face, pain in the extremities, poor sleep. The issue is quite severe and long-standing (15+ years).

I found an article regarding Pseudomonas Aeruginosa in Oral Infections (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/00016357209004604?journalCode=iode20).

You suggested that ruling out dental infections may be important for this patient. Would you refer on to a dentist at this point or proceed with a botanical approach for the H. pylori and Pseudomonas (or both?)? Can botanical get to oral infections/cavitations?

thank you!

h

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Holly,
            I see.

I wouldn’t solely rely on botanicals for dental infections. The botanicals should be enough for the H. pylori and Pseudomonas in the digestive system. In fact, what you may consider the is the BioBotanical “Comprehensive Cleansing Program” along with natural H. pylori intervention as discussed in Module 9 and 7, respectively. However, if he is not responding over the next 4 to 6 weeks definitely get him to a dentist. It may be a good idea to have him schedule with a dentist anyway if it has been a while since he has seen one.

Dr. Woeller

I met with him yesterday. As it turns out he had dental implants several years ago that required bone grafts since the roots of the teeth had penetrated the sinus cavity. Two weeks ago one of these crowns broke and he is in the process of undergoing another implant. His current dentist has him on Clindamyxin, which is not effective against pseudomonas. When I saw him yesterday, he was having a significant flareup with the redness in his face and eye.

He is starting the comprehensive cleansing program + h. pylori today and will be following up on the referral I gave him for my integrative biologic dentist.

Thank you for your feedback on this fellow- I am optimistic that he will find relief from this issue with these steps.

h

DrWoeller
            Keymaster

Holly,
              Good work. Hopefully, your program moving forward will be helpful.
              Sincerely,
              Dr. Woeller

Viewing 7 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.