H. pylori and E.coli

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Helicobacter pylori H. pylori and E.coli

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Hello there,

401H test came back with H. Pylori and E. coli (+4). As far as tx for H. pylori goes, when should probiotics be introduced and which would you recommend? I understand that the E.coli is an indication of gut dysbiosis (and probiotics would help), am I correct?

Thank you,
      Tina

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Tina,
        Right. The E. coli is an indicator of dysbiosis at 4+

I like to use probiotics right away, although I would depend solely on probiotics for H. pylori. If using either antibiotics or botanicals the probiotic can be used at night. The ProBiotic Support formula from New Beginnings Nutritionals is a good overall probiotic.

How are you looking to treat?

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

I do not want to do conventional antibiotics. I was thinking to go ahead with the Pyloricil, but would appreciate some guidance on the additional remedies you suggested and which ones to take. I have read a lot about monolaurin as well, seems like options are endless and don’t want to be overwhelmed with supplements. So any specifically that you think are MOST effective? I also want to ask if after tx, is there is a leaky gut protocol I should be following?

Thank you!
        Tina

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Tina,
          How symptomatic are you?

The Pyloricil is a good option and I also feel the addition of Support Mucosa on a daily basis (used for 4 to 6 months) is worthwhile too to help with leaky gut.

We are liking the Matula Tea option as well. It’s a bit pricy, but people are liking it too, well tolerated, and seems effective.

Dr. Woeller

I do have a hx of IBS-D for over a decade. H.pylori may have been the root cause of why I’ve been suffering for so long. Sticking to a strict diet helps a lot, but I still get episodes of diarrhea and bloating. Once in a while I’ll get nausea and a “bubbling” in my throat, which i’m assuming is reflux.

I was thinking about doing the pyloricil, monolaurin, manuka honey, mastic gum and probiotic…along with support mucosa. Does that sound good?

If that does not work, I may do the Matula tea.

-Tina

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Tina,
            It does, just as long as you don’t get aggravated from the probiotic. It sounds like you may have SIBO too.
            Dr. Woeller

I always thought I had SIBO too, have not taken the breath test. The h.pylori finding was a bit of a surprise to me.

The only thing that held me back from taking the breath test is the false-negatives. Thoughts? I am thinking about doing the Biohealth breath test…should I wait until I get the H.pylori taken care of and then test? would it tinker with my results if the H.pylori was not eradicated?

-Tina

DrWoeller
            Keymaster

Tina,
              The BioHealth test is a good one. It’s not a bad idea to deal with the H. pylori first than see how things go. The SIBO test could always be done later if needed.

I hope this helps.
              Dr. Woeller

Thank you!

Viewing 8 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.