Comp Stool Test for IBS-D Patient

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Digestive Problems Comp Stool Test for IBS-D Patient

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Attached most recent stool test for mid-50s woman with IBS-D and periodic candida.There seems to be a lot going on in this test, and it would be helpful to get your experienced view of it.

Since file sizes limit what I can do, I wanted to attach an earlier comprehensive stool that looked better. While neither of these is current, I think it’s a reasonable question to ask – what causes results to change so much? Is this just a regrowth of candida?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Mark,
        In the first stool (55 year old) there is not a lot going on. There appears to be a dysbiotic condition occurring, particularly with gram-negative bacteria. The 4+ clostridia is likely not pathogenic (unless you have an OAT that shows high 4-cresol and/or HPHPA). 1+ Candida is present too and the only other things high was the Secretory IgA which you would expect with dysbiosis. No signs of intestinal inflammation or digestive dysfunction.

What is going on with this individual?

The second stool attachment (51 year old) there isn’t too many imbalances.

I am assuming these are the same person?

What causes things to change so much is new exposures, i.e new pathogens, new stressors, changes in diet.

Dr. Woeller

Yes, same patient. Patient has chronic diarrhea and a number of MDs and an ND have all diagnosed IBS. Food allergy tests have been completed and all were negative as well. She eats generally mostly limited amounts of white rice and proteins (chicken fish turkey) and a non-gluten diet. No ability to consume fiber/vegetables because of increased levels of diarrhea that follow. Small amounts of fiber induce diarrhea as well. Current gastroenterology studies indicated no hydrogen production and also a clean conventional stool lab.

I posted OAT in blood tests also.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Mark,
          Has she been scoped by the gastroenterologist?

Has she responded to previous antibiotic intervention, or at least temporarily?

Was there a specific trigger for this problem?

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.