Casein Gluten Detox

Home Forums SIBO Mastery General Casein Gluten Detox

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have an Autistic 9 y.o. that tested positive for gluten/casein peptides in urine, as I expected he would.

Mom took him off both at same time, despite my recommendation that she do casein for a couple of weeks and work towards goal of gluten free.

The child has gone from being extremely agitated, groaning all day, to biting kids at school to now wanting to sleep all day …all over a course of 7 days. I am assuming all of this is normal Detox reactions.

His history of constipation has created concern with use of Activated Charcoal. We have been using Magnesium Calm at night and I have recommended at least 2 Epsom Salt baths a day, but I believe he is barely getting 10 minutes in a day. Mom is only giving him 1/2 tsp Magnesium Calm because 1 tsp gives him diarrhea.

Any other tips for mom?

Thanks,

Liz

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Liz,
        Make sure he is getting calcium – at least 800mg daily. Many of these kids are calcium deficient, and when they go off of dairy their calcium levels drop very quickly which can lead to aggression and self-injurious behavior, i.e. eye-poking.

It sounds like he is going through opiate withdrawal too. The Epsom salt is a good idea and working on constipation. I would also use the following:

-GABA 500mg to 1000mg twice daily
        -L-Theanine – 100mg twice daily
        -Chamomile Herbal – look for Chamomile Calm from Herbs for Kids (available at most health food stores) – use 1/2 to 1 dropperful 2 to 3 times daily.

I hope this helps,
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.