candida

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Candida candida

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

HI,
      Have a 12 yo male (weighs about 130 lb) with depression, anxiety, episodic aggression, many sensory issues, low tone, learning disabilities. Not ASD. Did GPL OATS which revealed high Arabinose (87), no clostridia, shunting from Tryptophan to Quinolinic Acid (6.5), low 5-HIAA (0.31), high Quinolinic/5-HIAA Ratio (21) as main findings. Family wanted to go with traditional anti-fungals. He tends to be sensitive to medications.

Recommended to start with Diflucan 100 mg for 14 days (should this be once or twice daily?), Also, read of possible interaction with SSRI and he is on Zoloft 25 mg as well as Lamotrigine 25 mg bid, Deplin 7.5 mg. Any concerns about drug interactions? Other functional medicine GI expert said has used with SSRI’s without incident. After Diflucan for 14 days, recommended Nystatin 500,000 u tab 1/2 tab tid for 2 week, and then 1 tid. Educated them about possible die off reactions and what to do.

For Serotonin issue, recommended adding 5-HTP starting with 50 mg , up to 200 mg, and phosphorylated B vitamins.

Does this sound reasonable? Any concerns?
      Thanks

Hi Dr. Woeller,
      Can you recommend a diet plan or book for patients being treated for Candida?
      Thank you,
      Lisa Parsons

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lisa,
        Sorry for my late reply. My computer system has been failing to notify me of messages.

For pure candida problems I would suggest “The Body Ecology Diet – http://www.bodyecologydiet.com. This is not only a book, but an entire website of information, products, etc.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Dr Amy Myers – the Myers way has a short e-book on candida & her program to go along with it.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Jacquelyn,
          Do you have a link to this book?

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Well, she gave it away as a gift for signing up for her thyroid summit & is part of her candida package now. You could call her staff & ask to share with students?
          http://www.amymyersmd.com/. It’s a 15 page PDF e-book.

Jacquie

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Jacquie,
            Looks like a great website. This doctor has certainly put a lot of time into creating her material. Seems very useful.
            Dr. Woeller

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.