Biofilm Busters

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Biofilms Biofilm Busters

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Dr Woeller,
      wondering if you could clarify the use of Nattokinase or Serrapeptase to break down biofilm. When would you use them as opposed to Interfase? I am hesitant to use Interfase Plus when most of these gut infections cause iron deficiency anyway – wouldn’t binding the iron add to the problem. What is the efficacy of nattokinase vs serrapeptase vs Interfase vs Interfase Plus vs stevia.
      thanks for clarifying.
      Lorraine

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,
        Most of our experience is with Interfase Plus and Interfase. I typically start with Interfase Plus, unless I am dealing with a very sensitive patient. It seems to work just fine.

The nattokinase, etc. are usually reserved for people with a lot of systemic inflammation or clotting problems. As far as comparing the two groups specifically for yeast problems we cannot really say for sure as groups of people haven’t been broken down to this level of specificity.

We have not seen iron deficiency with Interfase/Interfase Plus.

Dr. Woeller

Hi Dr. Woeller ,

Can you elaborate on when one can diagnose the presence of a biofilm ? – are the markets of eg) candida, clostridia more elevated ? or is it after the fact when there is more resistance to therapy? I don’t want to use a product if I don’t need to –

Thanks so much for your input,

Clarice

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Clarice,
          We just don’t have a test to identify biofilm in the digestive system so the reason to move forward with specific remedies, i.e. enzymes like Interfase or Interfase Plus is in a person who is doing everything right (diet, consistent with remedies), but still not improving or yeast and/or bacterial markers still remain present. One of the nice things about Biocidin as a combination botanical is it was shown to eradicate bacteria and yeast in biofilm culture.

Dr Woeller

Thank you so much.
          Clarice

Hello Dr. Woeller,

Have a client with extreme carbohydrate cravings, bloat, and overweight. He is following elimination diet protocol well & drinking plenty of water following food sensitivity testing & array #3 from Cyrex. Continues to complain of bloat & actual weight gain. Thought I might try a trial of Biocidin for a month or two before taking on more testing (OAT, CDSA). As a cautionary measure, I checked the Natural Medicines Database for interactions & found it to interact with CYP P450 substrates, in particular “major” interaction w CYP3A4 (B level evidence). Has this been a concern or have you noted an issue in combination with medications? Thinking I may want to consider Oliverex-

Thank you.
          Carolyn

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Carolyn,
            I have not personally seen any interactions with other medications or taken by itself.

This individually likely has yeast overgrowth which is the stimulus for carbohydrate cravings. The botanical approach could at least provide some relief and insight into pathogen overgrowth in the GI system if he does find that his symptoms are reduced.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.