Biocidin

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Medication Dosing Biocidin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Dr. Woeller,

I’m already very familiar with Biocidin and the other products from Bio-Botanical Research. You peaked my interest in last night’s Q&A when you commented that you prefer using a higher dosage than what they show in their protocol literature.
      1. Are you referring to children or adults or both?
      2. I know they recommend in their protocol with children to use 1-2 drops per 10 lbs. of body weight, twice a day. So do you use more than what they recommend with children?
      3. Would you further increase the dose if an adult patient is above a healthy weight? I’m wondering if weight factors in with this product.

Thank you,
      Kim

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Kim,
        1 – both, but mostly in children, particularly with clostridia. I follow that recommendations for real little kids, i.e. less than 2, but particularly in the face of clostridia I have done more as you know with good success, and three times a day for clostridia I feel is better than twice daily.

2 – BioBotanical has obviously seen success with what they recommend so I am not say it is wrong, and a lot of good can come from following their recommendations in the beginning as one gets use to their products. But, for clostridia the cyclical dosing against seems to make sense from the pathogenicity standpoint of that bacteria. Therefore, for a 40lbs child I might use 4 to 5 drops three times daily for clostridia. I tend not to dose higher than 10 drops at a dosing for children, and most are between 4 to 8 drops. The best advice I can give is get a sense of the person you treating and the severity of their condition, versus being always attached to their particular age or weight. If you are unsure, then dose according to their weight suggestions and see how things go. I too find that I need to change dosings, etc. with certain people because some people’s condition is just harder to treat.

3 – They seem to recommend some range on weight, mostly for children. For adults I use the capsules if possible and will normally use between 1 to 3 capsules per dosing, and more aggressively if I feel the patient can handle it for clostridia bacteria.

Dr. Woeller

Thanks so much, Dr. Woeller!

Hi Dr Woeller,

Continuing on Biocidin higher dosage when we deal with Clostridia: do you experience the need in clinical practice to use the other product from Bio-Botanical Research, GI Detox?

Or you do not report strong detox reactions?

When you say 10 drops 3 times a day, do your clients start first day at this dose without any problems in general?
        Because I was very cautious with building up slowly, maybe it is not needed then?

Thank you,

Nathalie

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Nathalie,
          In adults, yes. It can definitely be worthwhile. I haven’t used it much in kids, particularly special needs children.

Dosing – the sensitivity issue depends on the particular patient. If you have a really sick and sensitive individual than absolutely you want to start at lower dosages and work up, adding a drop or two every 24 to 48+ hours. It is always okay to start low and work up dosages slowly with people with known sensitivities or who you are not quite sure about based on your experience with them.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.