Areas to Address

Home Forums SIBO Mastery Trouble Shooting Areas to Address

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Areas to address:

Ulcerative Colitis – management/ have removed all inflammatory foods/looking at personal and home care products/ removed all grains except quinoa/ removed all dairy/no supplements/ (discussed dig enzymes, gut healing sups). still bloody diarrhea

OAT test
      need to better connect the dots
      how the systems impact each other
      how other dx (thyroid, adrenal, autoimmune, etc) affect OAT testing/ and how patterns on OAT might suggest or support different dx
      if you see this…you think of this…and/or check heavy metals, etc
      which areas are clinically significant

Case Studies

I know you have covered parts of this, but it seems such an important test and dont want to run it unless Im competent to interpret it esp in relation to stool testing – and pathogens, IBD, etc.

thanks
      Lorraine

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lorraine,

Ulcerative Colitis – sometimes with UC (and Chron’s) the reduction in pathogens and inflammatory foods isn’t enough. There can be other factors driving the immune system, i.e. genetic, toxins. A great therapy that is non-invasive or damaging is Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). It’s not an absolute cure in all circumstances, but it can help down-regulate an over active immune system. Have you heard of LDN?

OAT – there isn’t a consistent pattern on the OAT that fits nicely into various disorders – at least that I have found. There are so many crossovers with the imbalances that the OAT picks up on, but how they markers manifest is different for different people. It’s like looking at an adrenal profile where all the cortisol’s are low. The numbers don’t indicate which disease process is occurring, but instead an underlying chronic stress problem placing demands on the cortisol output. This is why these tests, including the OAT, have to be applied each and every time to the individual person and their disease/disorder condition. I have looked at 1000’s of OAT’s over the years from autistic children, and although there are similar findings with many of them such as low serotonin, high candida, etc. these things are also seen in adults with other disorders as well.

Case Studies – what you will find with OAT testing is common findings in people who are just not feeling good. The disorders are not always the same, but the underlying factors that trigger chronic stress can be. For example, if the clostridia markers are high this could be a trigger of inflammation affecting someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), whereas in someone else it could be the catalyst for mental health problems. The difficulty is not everyone with RA will have high clostridia or a mental health problem. You just have to start running the test on people and looking at biological factors that you can treat and then see what happens clinically.

Does this make sense?

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.